Students admitted prior to Fall 2012 may meet the University Writing requirement in one of two ways:
- Take and pass the Exit Exam of Writing Proficiency, or
- Satisfy the Writing Requirement with:
- A grade of C or better (or transfer credit) in ENGL 110C or 126C AND
- A grade of C or better (or transfer credit) in ENGL 111C or ENGL 131C or ENGL 211C or ENGL 221C or ENGL 231C AND
- A grade of C or better in the "W" (writing intensive) course in the major, which must be taken at ODU
Students who are eligible and choose to take the Exit Exam must have passed the WSPT and ENGL 110C before taking the Exit Exam.
IMPORTANT: Before registering, click HERE for Guidelines for Taking the Exit Exam of Writing Proficiency.
You must have a MIDAS ID and password to register for the Exit Exam.
November Exit Exam dates and registration will be available by October 29th.
Registration link: http://ww2.odu.edu/apps/eer/index.php
The Exit Exam is offered in the Student Success Center (behind Perry Library), the Distance Learning sites, and through the Office of Educational Accessibility. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.